The Maynard (MayDOG) Dog Park
Off-Leash Recreation Area (OLRA)
The following rules and regulations are proposed for Maynard’s new Off-Leash Recreation Area. The MayDOG board compiled this list from the rules of other successful dog parks in Massachusetts and other states, with the goal of presenting clear and comprehensive guidelines for the safety of all dog park users as well as the adjacent community.
BY ENTERING THIS OFF-LEASH RECREATION AREA, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
- Use of this recreational facility is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for any damage or injury caused by their dog(s).
- The Town of Maynard and its designated agents have no liability for any injuries sustained as a result of your using the dog park.
- Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The park is closed before sunrise and after sunset. Use of the park is allowed only during daylight hours; entry at any other time constitutes trespassing.
WHO MAY USE THE PARK:
- This park may be used, free of charge, by well-behaved dog owners and dogs. No other animals are allowed.
- Children under 9 years old are not allowed in the off-leash dog area.
- Children aged 9-17 years may enter the off-leash dog area only if accompanied by an adult.
- No more than three dogs per responsible adult may be brought in.
- Dogs in heat and puppies younger than 4 months are not allowed in the dog park.
- Dogs must be current on rabies vaccinations and properly licensed in the town where they live.
- Proof of rabies vaccination and licensing must be shown on request. Current tags will serve as adequate proof.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed immediately at the first sign of aggression toward people or other dogs.
- Dogs that exhibit repeated aggression may be banned from the premises.
ALL PARK USERS MUST OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- You must clean up after your dog(s), yourself and any children with you. All fecal waste must be bagged and deposited in the marked waste receptacles before you leave the park. You must fill all holes dug by your dog(s) and pick up any litter.
- You must enter the park along with your dog(s) and keep your dog(s) in sight at all times. Dogs must not be left unattended in the park.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and exiting the fenced off-leash area. No leashed dogs are allowed inside the off-leash area. Owners/handlers must carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- All dogs must wear a tag collar with their identification on it. For the safety of your dog(s) and other park visitors, prong/pinch, choke, and spiked collars are prohibited inside the fenced area.
- For the safety of all, do not touch any dog without the owner’s prior permission.
- Smoking is not permitted in the dog park, including the parking lot area.
- No food for dogs or humans is allowed inside the park. (Training treats are permitted.)
- No glass containers are permitted in any part of the dog park, including the parking lot area.