The Maynard (MayDOG) Dog Park Rules
Rules for Use of Park During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from other Park patrons and their dogs, whenever possible.
- Bring a face covering with you and wear it when distancing is not possible.
- Ensure that no more than 10 people are inside the park at any one time.
- Limit your use of the Park to 30 minutes or less if others are waiting to use the Park.
- Avoid touching any dogs other than your own.
- Be aware that while there has been no evidence that dogs can transmit the coronavirus to humans, they can carry it and be infected by it.
- Without fail, pick up all dog waste and clean up all trash before leaving the Park.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it before touching trash containers, gate latches, and other high-touch surfaces at the Park. Sanitizer may not be available at the Park.
- Supply your own water bowl for your dog and do not bring in any dog toys or balls until further notice. All shared water dishes, toys, and balls have been removed, as they can potentially be contaminated with the virus.
- Please remember to wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the Park.
- Please be patient and kind with other Park patrons. Please DO remind others of the Park rules and DO contact MayDOG or Maynard Animal Control if you see a violation that is not immediately corrected. We are a self-monitoring community and we are all in this together.
BY ENTERING THIS OFF-LEASH RECREATION AREA, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
- Use of this recreational facility is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for any damage or injury caused by their dog(s).
- The Town of Maynard and its designated agents have no liability for any injuries sustained as a result of your using the dog park.
- Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The park is closed before sunrise and after sunset. Use of the park is allowed only during daylight hours; entry at any other time constitutes trespassing.
WHO MAY USE THE PARK:
- This park may be used, free of charge, by well-behaved dog owners and dogs. No other animals are allowed.
- Children under 9 years old are not allowed in the off-leash dog area.
- Children aged 9-17 years may enter the off-leash dog area only if accompanied by an adult.
- No more than three dogs per responsible adult may be brought in.
- Dogs in heat and puppies younger than 4 months are not allowed in the dog park.
- Dogs must be current on rabies vaccinations and properly licensed in the town where they live.
- Proof of rabies vaccination and licensing must be shown on request. Current tags will serve as adequate proof.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed immediately at the first sign of aggression toward people or other dogs.
- Dogs that exhibit repeated aggression may be banned from the premises.
ALL PARK USERS MUST OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES:
- You must clean up after your dog(s), yourself and any children with you. All fecal waste must be bagged and deposited in the marked waste receptacles before you leave the park. You must fill all holes dug by your dog(s) and pick up any litter.
- You must enter the park along with your dog(s) and keep your dog(s) in sight at all times. Dogs must not be left unattended in the park.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and exiting the fenced off-leash area. No leashed dogs are allowed inside the off-leash area. Owners/handlers must carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- All dogs must wear a tag collar with their identification on it. For the safety of your dog(s) and other park visitors, prong/pinch, choke, and spiked collars are prohibited inside the fenced area.
- For the safety of all, do not touch any dog without the owner’s prior permission.
- Smoking is not permitted in the dog park, including the parking lot area.
- No food for dogs or humans is allowed inside the park.
- No glass containers are permitted in any part of the dog park, including the parking lot area.